A haven of calm on the banks of the river, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok is a truly remarkable hotel. A sophisticated retreat in one of the world’s most exciting cities, we enjoy a reputation for style, service and excellence. Timeless yet contemporary, classic yet cutting-edge, we are the ultimate Bangkok address.
Excellently situated within easy reach of all Bangkok’s main attractions, the hotel enjoys a peaceful yet central location.
- Quiet setting on the banks of the Chao Phraya River
- A short walk from the city’s famous skytrain
- Only a short boat ride from the breathtaking Grand Palace
Rooms & Suites
Combining elegant Thai style with seductive modern touches, each of our rooms and suites has its own distinct character.
- 339 rooms, most with river views
- 35 suites, including our legendary Authors’ Suites
- Large bathrooms with separate bathtubs and walk-in showers
- Private butler service
Home to nine outstanding restaurants and bars, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok is the city’s premier gourmet destination.
- Fine French dining at Le Normandie
- Seafood with a beautiful riverside view at Lord Jim’s
- Traditional Thai cuisine and dancing at Sala Rim Naam
- Contemporary Chinese cuisine in an art deco setting at The China House
- BBQ specialities at The Riverside Terrace
- All-day international specialities at The Verandah
- Elegant afternoon tea at The Author’s Lounge
- Delicious Italian dining at Ciao
- Jazz and cocktails at Bamboo Bar
- Signature pastries at the Mandarin Oriental Shops
- Fine cigars and a relaxed atmosphere in our sophisticated Cigar Lounge
Spa & Wellness
Our exquisite spa boasts a serene design and over forty unique treatments blending contemporary and ancient techniques.
- 15 treatment rooms and suites
- Yoga sessions ranging from group classes to private lessons
- Two outdoor swimming pools
- State-of-the art fitness centre with classes and private training
- Two outdoor tennis courts, one squash court and outdoor jogging track
Meetings & Events
From small gatherings to large events, we can cater for all kinds of occasion.
- Stunning Royal ballroom with elegant decor and opulent chandelier
- Additional meeting spaces including the beautiful Embassy room
- State-of-the-art audio visual capabilities
- Expert in-house catering team
- Dedicated wedding coordinator
Your leisure is our pleasure. Take a class, go shopping or just relax and soak up your surroundings.
- Thai Cooking school
- Thai Cultural programmes
- Oriental boutique carrying beautifully crafted items, exclusive gifts and souvenirs"
Based on feedback from our guests, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok adheres to a smart dress code after 6:30pm in the evening. Please note that our dress code also applies to children.
Smoking is prohibited in all of our public areas including restaurants (both indoors and outdoors), function rooms, spa and around the swimming pool. Smoking lounges are available on the outdoor terrace adjacent to the hotel lobby, at the Baan Noi River Lounge, Ciao after 9:30pm, outside The Bamboo Bar after 9:30pm and at the Pool Pavilion after 6pm.