Canouan, in the heart of the Grenadines, is small – just five square miles in size – yet expansive, being part of a vast estate of singular natural beauty.
- Mandarin Oriental, Canouan is the first Mandarin Oriental in the Caribbean and is located on the northeast coast of Canouan Island
- Part of a leafy 1,200-acre gated resort
- Canouan Island has the only championship Fazio-designed 18-hole golf course in St. Vincent & The Grenadines
- Five restaurants and bars are located withing Mandarin Oriental, Canouan. Four more restaurants and bars are located within Grenadines Estates – just a short golf cart drive away
- The old 17th Century Angelican church on island was brought over from England in the early 1800s and reconstructed stone by stone on Grenadines Estates
- Mount Royal is the highest peak on the island and is renowned for its wonderful panorama
- Canouan has the largest living coral reef in the Caribbean
- Canouan’s 5900-foot illuminated runway can accommodate private aircrafts as large as a Boeing 737
- Mandarin Oriental, Canouan offers a six-seat resort jet that provides round trip non-stop service from Barbados (BGI), St Lucia (UVF), and Grenada (GND).
- Commercial Inter-island air transfers are available via Grenadines Air Alliance. Grenadines Air Alliance operates flights to and from Canouan (CIW) from Barbados (BGI) and St. Vincent (SVD).
Arrival to Mandarin Oriental, Canouan is available via commercial or private flights as well as yacht. See available flight routes here.
Hotel at a Glance
Glamorous suites are decorated in cream tones with sleek wooden accents and pink highlights. For even more blissful seclusion, stay in a Patio Villa.
- 26 elegantly furnished, ocean-facing suites, all with a terrace or garden just steps from the beach
- 7 Italian-design, contemporary Patio Villas with private pools and outdoor patio living areas
- 6 spacious Lagoon Villas offering the ultimate luxury with a private infinity pool and stylish, contemporary feel
- Sweeping ocean views throughout
- Spacious all-marble bathrooms, with both baths and showers
- Tablet controls for managing your stay
Lobster, catch of the day or classic steak? Gourmets can choose from as many as five different restaurants/bars.
- Asianne serves Pan Asian cuisine from an open kitchen
- TIDES BAR + GRILL offers European fine dining with responsibly sourced ingredients
- The Lagoon Café is all about Mediterranean-style seafood and tapas
- For a lunch with a view, order light Peruvian Nikkei-inspired dishes such as tuna tartare at the Pool Bar
- Turtles beach bar, facing Godahl Beach, recalls the Hamptons with its maritime decor – start the evening in style with drinks to the sound of jazz tunes
It’s relaxation with a capital R at the spa – in a gorgeous hillside setting, you can nurture body and mind with calming and rejuvenating treatments.
- 10 treatment suites tucked into the hillside
- ESPA products
- Wide range of treatments, facials and therapies available
- Guided yoga and meditation classes on a platform facing the sea
- Fully equipped fitness centre
You may want to switch off completely on your sun-lounger and think only of dinner. Or maybe you can’t wait to hop on a boat or jump into your golf buggy – whatever you decide, there are many options for spending your days.
- Fazio-designed championship 18-hole golf course in a breathtaking setting
- Infinity pool overlooking the ocean
- Kids’ Club with two pools for keeping the little ones entertained
- Watersports centre with hobie cats, windsurf equipment and kayaks
- Snorkelling and diving excursions (to be arranged in advance)
- Boat trips to neighbouring islands, including Mustique and the Tobago Cays
- Three night-lit tennis courts for pre- or post-dinner matches
- Mountain bikes available for a guided cycling circuit around the resort
- Guided hikes to Mount Royal, the highest point on Canouan Island