Bittescombe Lodge & Deer Park
Wiveliscombe, Somerset | 10 Bedrooms | 10 Bathrooms | 20 Guests
£10,440 - £15,410/night
Situated in the heart of the West Country, surrounded by nature and tranquility, this property is the epitome of secluded luxury. All ten en-suite bedrooms are architecturally unique, each with unmistakable charm and opulent furnishings. A myriad of elegant living areas offer private nooks to curl up with a book, outdoor seating with open fireplaces, as well as spacious entertainment lounges including a fully-stocked bar and snooker table. Magic can be found amongst the selection of rare antique books, curated art collection and hidden doors scattered throughout.
The lodge sits upon a 400-acre estate and the culinary and sporting experiences on offer are inspired by the undulating valleys, brooks, and the property’s very own deer population. The property’s fantastic private chef produces delectable daily menus showcasing seasonal produce, with ingredients either sourced on the estate itself or neighboring townships. Guests can roam the grounds, and even meet the deer, with the guidance of the knowledgeable Estate Manager or pop across the courtyard to make use of the fantastic sports centre equipped with its very own padel court.
Sonos Sound System
This Home is Suitable For:
Included Staff & Services:
Assistant Property Manager
Damage Deposit: £15,000
Minimum Stay: 2 Nights
Staff & Service Details
Rental of this Mandarin Oriental Exclusive Home includes:
- Dedicated concierge to assist with pre-arrival requests, local experiences and transportation
- Full-time Lodge Manager, Assistant Lodge Manager and Host team
- Full-time Groundsman and Estate Management team
- Daily housekeeping service inspired by Mandarin Oriental’s exacting standards
- Private chef service, approved by Mandarin Oriental’s culinary experts
- Daily breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner with bespoke menus based on guest preferences and local seasonal produce
- Full bar and curated house wines
- Special arrangements for children of all ages
- Situated on the edge of Exmoor National Park, the estate offers a taste of true British countryside.
- The property’s expansive estate is a true destination in itself, but the area is known for beautiful rolling hills and rural landscapes.
- Picturesque coastal towns such as Porlock (35km) and Woolacombe (75km) can also be reached in under an hour and a half.
- The lodge is just a short drive from the country-town of Taunton (25km), which offers a train service to London Paddington in under two-hours.
- A rich selection of activities can be incorporated into your stay. Recommendations include: BBQs and picnics on the deer park, guided hikes, mountain biking and e-biking, guided astronomy, horse riding and polo, yoga, paddleboarding and kayaking, fishing, clay pigeon shooting, deer stalking, golf, spa treatments.
- Nearest airports: Heathrow Airport - 3 hour drive (240km), Exeter International Airport - 45 minute drive (45km), Bristol Airport - 1.5 hour drive (90km)
- Nearest train station: Taunton - 35 minute drive (25km).